Try West Coast Kitchen today!
Based in beautiful BC on Vancouver Island, West Coast Kitchen makes some of the best Freeze Dried Food we’ve ever tasted! Averaging over 400 calories per meal, these delicious pouches are packed with flavour and nutrition. The freeze-drying process also leaves them incredibly lightweight, meaning they’re a perfect adventure food! We’ve tested these meals across the province, and we’ve always been extremely happy with how tasty they are.
While it’s tightly-contested within our office exactly which meal is the best, we can all agree on one thing: West Coast Kitchens produces a fantastic meal. This bundle has meals with a variety of flavour profiles so that you can find your personal favourite. From Chili Con Carne with rich flavour and a little bite to Pasta Pesto with a light taste accented by cranberries, there’s a meal in here you’ll love!
One of our favourite things about West Coast Kitchen meals is how easy they are to prepare. All you need is boiling water and 10-12 minutes! Additionally, the pouches also have a series of fill lines on the front that are useful in the event you don’t carry a measuring cup on your travels. Coupled with the bag’s built in resealable top, you’ve got an easy-to-make meal that’s as portable as it gets!
A photo from our field testing in BC
*click on the meal name to see it’s individual specifications, including ingredients.
- 1 x Chili Con Carne
- 1 x Pasta Pesto
- 1 x Pasta Pesto with Chicken
- 1 x Butter Chicken with Rice
- 1 x Persian Bean Bowl
- 1 x Quinoa with Italian Sausage
- 1 x Persian Lamb Stew with Vegetable
Exact water required for rehydration can be found on each pouch.
- Open pouch and remove oxygen absorber from pouch contents.
- Prepare in pouch or other suitable container.
- Add 160-250mL (0.7-1 cup) boiling water or fill to line 8-9.
- Stir well.
- Reseal pouch or cover and leave to sit for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir again and serve – enjoy your meal!