1000cc Oxygen Absorbers
Oxygen Absorbers protect foods and other products against spoilage, mold growth, color change, loss of nutritive value, insect damage and loss of quality. By removing residual oxygen inside packaging to below 0.01%, oxygen absorbers effectively preserve packaged foods without the use of food additives and preservatives. Oxygen absorbers not only extend shelf life but also preserve product quality.
Oxygen absorbers are made of a chemical compound, the active ingredient of which is a powdered iron oxide. Our absorbers are completely safe. While they are not edible, they are not toxic. No harmful gases are created and the oxygen absorber does not remove the fresh smell and taste of the product.
What are the main benefits of using an Oxygen Absorber? Simply put: oxygen absorbers will protect and extend your long term food storage.
Advantages of Using Oxygen Absorbers
- Lowers oxygen levels inside your sealed Mylar Bag to to less than 0.1; in contrast, vacuum sealing only reduces oxygen to around 2%.
- Keeps the freshness and original taste, smell, and color of your stored food items
- Prevents your food from becoming stale, rancid, or spoiled
- Prevents the growth of mold, mildew, bacteria, aerobic pathogens, spoilage organisms, and anaerobic microorganisms.
- Dramatically extends your product’s shelf-life
- Emits no harmful gases or bi-products
- FDA approved for direct contact with food and related products
- Eliminates the need for unhealthy preservatives such as sorbates, benzoates, BHA, BHT, sulfer dioxides, etc.
- Works well with vacuum packaging or gas flushing to even further absorb any oxygen already sealed inside or that may eventually permeate the package
- Helps keep the nutritional qualities of polyunsaturated oils and fats
- Prevents the oxidation of your food’s A, C, and E vitamins
- Works well with dry or semi-moist foods
- Great for Grains, Legumes, Beans, Nuts, Seeds, Dried Meats, Jerky, Milk Powder, Baking Mixes, Flours, Sugar, Salt, Spices, Seasonings, Herbs, Tea, Candies, Confectionaries, Snacks, Breads, Cakes, Cookies, Pastries, Pasta, Pharmaceuticals, Vitamins, Supplements, Bird Seed, Pet Foods, and MANY Other Items
- Great for storage of Tools, Artwork, Medical Diagnostic Kits and Devices, and etc.
- Very safe, non-toxic & SUPER EASY TO USE
Oxygen Absorbers are rated by the number of Cubic Centimeters (CCs) of excess oxygen they absorb out of your mylar bag or container. Use this chart as a guideline for the sizes of mylar bags we sell. The variations in the chart account for varying amounts of air left inside the bags, as well as the density of the food being stored. If you are uncertain of how much to add, err on the side of too much, as there are no adverse effects to using a larger amount of oxygen absorber than required.
*Sugar – Please note – if you choose to use oxygen absorbers with your sugar, it will certainly preserve it, but it will harden like a brick. Some people choose not to use oxygen absorbers with sugar; the shelf life of sugar is similar, with or without the oxygen absorbers.
Extend Shelf Life
When storing foods, oxidation is major source of deterioration and spoilage of the contents. Signs of oxidation are discoloration, mold growth, and swelling of the package. Oxygen provides breeding grounds for microorganisms and molds, molds and insects. Residual oxygen can also lead to loss of nutritive values and quality. Eliminating oxygen inside packaging is critical for retaining the quality of you contents and extending their shelf life.
The use of oxygen absorbers eliminates the need for food additives and preservatives. This is good news for today’s health conscious customers! FreshUs Oxygen Absorbers are approved by the FDA for use with food, proven to be non-toxic and safe.
Using oxygen absorbers can substantially reduce your costs. Guarding against spoilage and extending shelf life, oxygen absorbers help save you money from having to replace expired and spoiled food.
Easy to Use
Simply drop an oxygen absorber sachet into the mylar bag or container before closing.
Shelf-Life and Storage
Unopened, most oxygen absorbers will last up to 6 months. Once opened, use the oxygen absorbers as quickly as you can, ideally within a half hour. We suggest having your products ready to go in an assembly line fashion and then opening and adding your absorbers as the final step. Keep any unused absorbers in a glass mason jar. Should you have to open one of your stored food items, use new oxygen absorbers before sealing it up again.
- Beef jerky & other dried meats
- Powdered foods
- Spices & seasonings
- Nuts & snacks
- Dried fruits & vegetables
- Candies & confectioneries
- Bird seed
- Pet food
- Processed, smoked, & cured meats
- Cheese & dairy products
- Fresh and precooked pasta & noodles
- Rice cakes
- Fish cakes
- Breads & cakes
- Cookies & pastries
- Tortilla shells
- Dietary Supplements
- Fresh Fruit