XMRE Meals Ready to Eat
Military Grade XMREs are the most advanced shelf-stable food in the world. Each XMRE provides a complete nutritious meal anytime, anywhere. XMRE’s are powered by NXH™ Heating Technology. Tested and certified non-toxic, with no foul odor and safe to use in confined spaces. You can heat these meals by using a few ounces of any liquid, no stove needed! FEMA (US Federal Emergency Management Agency) has purchased millions of these types of meals because they are perfect for emergency preparedness in case of natural disaster such as floods, power failures and anytime you can’t get into the grocery store. They are also ideal for hunting and camping trips or anyone who works in the field or remote areas.
MREs are multi-course, shelf-stable, ready-to-eat meals developed for feeding soldiers in the field.
Each meal comes ready to eat straight from the package. They’re rugged, waterproof, and easy to open so you can take them anywhere. Each meal pack provides an average of 1,200 calories of US military grade food, with everything from drink mixes, to stews, pastas, and more. Military specifications are among the highest standards in the market, and each XMRE meets and even exceeds these requirements. Each pouch comes with everything you need to eat the meal, cutlery and condiments included!
XMRE Menu & Contents
Each meal pouch includes:
- Main course (listed below)
- 3-4 Side components (bread item, spread, snack, dessert)
- Beverage mix
- High power, safe to use, flameless meal heater
- Accessory Pack: spoon, napkin, condiment kit, and moist towelette.
Each XMRE comes with 1-2 each of 7 menus. The current cases include:
- Hashbrowns with Bacon x 2 – 1190 calories/meal
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal x 2 (Veg) – 1310 calories/meal
- Chicken Creole with Brown Rice x 2 – 1180 calories/meal
- Chicken Pasta Parmesan x 1 – 1230 calories/meal
- Vegetarian Chili x 2 (Veg) – 1080 calories/meal
- Vegetable Beef Stew x 2 – 1130 calories/meal
- Lentils with Beef x 1 – 1190 calories/meal
*This menu is subject to change.
Every case and meal pouch of XMRE have the pack date (lot number) embossed on the outside. The pouches are high-density, water and tamper proof XT Series bags that help give the contents their extended shelf life. Like military MREs the XMRE meals have up to a 5 year shelf life if stored in temperatures up to 21° C. Unlike other MREs they still have a guaranteed 3 year lifespan between 22-27° C.
You can also freeze an XMRE pouch if necessary. It won’t damage the food inside! Best to avoid repeated re-freezing however as that can increase the chance that the pouch lamination will fail (by a fraction of a percent, but still.) For a comprehensive account of storage and shelf life, please see this letter from the manufacturer.
*2020 and later XMREs have a 5 digit date code instead of 4 digit. Eg: 20136 = the 136th day of 2020 (May 25th)
- Case Dimensions: 15.5 x 11 x 9.5 inches
- Case Weight: 17.5 lbs
- Pallet Size: 48 Units (40 x 48 x 48 inches, 900 lbs)
*Please note that while we can source Halal MREs the minimum order quantity is 384 cases (8 pallets). Please contact us for more information.