Whether you’re looking for a way to add healthy fruit to your emergency food storage, searching for trail snacks with a bit of yummy crunch, or hunting down foods that are free of allergens, this is the package for you! Dairy- and peanut- free options that also happen to be tasty and good for you.
Freeze-dried fruit is shelf-stable, having undergone the process of freeze-drying (or lyophilization), removing nearly all of its moisture while retaining flavor and nutrients. It’s very light, with a dry, crispy texture and intense, concentrated fruit flavor. Tasty without any preparation, freeze-dried fruits are some of the most accessible types of freeze-dried food.
Since these can be eaten without any preparation, they’re a good place to start if you’re just stocking an emergency pantry with freeze-dried food. To maximize your long-term food storage, combine with breakfasts such as those from Legacy. Or use in your regular cooking in recipes such as muffins, cakes, and pies, or in smoothies and cereals featuring bold fruit flavor. Follow the link here for a strawberry shortcake ice cream bar- just chop or crush the strawberries with a knife.
- 4 pouches of Bananas (8 servings ea.)
- 2 pouches of Peaches (8 servings ea.)
- 4 pouches of Strawberries (8 servings ea.)
- 5 pouches of Apples (8 servings ea.)
- Includes 1 total bucket
- Fruit is safely sealed in Mylar pouches
- To avoid waste, each pouch conveniently contains 8 servings
- Grab-and-go handles for easy transport in an emergency
- Shelf life of up to 20 years
- Store in a cool dry place
- Total Weight: 2 lbs (per bucket)
Benefits of Freeze-Dried Fruit
- Freeze drying preserves more nutrients than dehydration.
- Freeze drying preserves the same great taste as fresh fruit.
- 20 year shelf life! After opening, consume within a month for best results. (Dehydrated fruits typically have a shelf-life of 1 year)
- Freeze drying renders your fruit easier to powder than dehydration. This makes it easy to include in food such as baked goods!
- Freeze dried fruit rehydrates faster than dehydrated, and has a fresh taste.
- Great texture!
- Light weight making it easy to transport, perfect for adventuring with!