The 28oz Seychelle Water Filtration Bottle provides great-tasting, fresh water wherever you are. Ideally suited for situations where the drinking water source is questionable or not disinfected, it comes with an attractive insulator sleeve. Now with BIOSAFE®, removes up to 99.99% of bacteria, virus, contaminants and pollutants found in drinking water sources using its proprietary Ionic Adsorption Micron Filtration System. Contains Iodinated Resin (EPA Reg. # 35917-2) and other proprietary media which effectively reduces virus and bacteria to six logs (99.9999%).
In stock (can be backordered)
The 28oz Advanced Seychelle Water Filtration flip top bottle is the perfect solution for those traveling to foreign countries where safe drinking water is at a premium.
The insulator sleeve attaches to a belt or backpack, and is great for any outdoor use: walking, hiking, biking, travel, camping or emergency preparedness!
The bottle produces up to 100 gallons of great-tasting water; and is equal to 757 half litres of bottled water! For the 75% of the water consumed away from home, this is the perfect portable product!
- Produces up to 100 gallons of filtered water or more depending upon the quality of the source water.
- Removes up to 99.99% of chlorine, chemicals and heavy metals; and up to 99.9999% of bacteria and virus.
- Has a screw on/off fill from the top cap for easy filling.
- 28 oz size is compact, light weight and easy to use!
- Seychelle’s exclusive filters are the most laboratory and field-tested of their kind in the world using EPA protocols and tested to NSF/ANSI Standards 42 and 53 by Broward Testing laboratory.
- Environmentally safe! Does not pollute the countryside!
- Reusable – made of FDA approved low density polyethylene #4 plastic – Will not leach! BPA free!
- Filter is replaceable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Seychelle filters recyclable?
Yes, please send dried out filters to Seychelle and they will recycle them.
Their address is: Seychelle Water Filtration Products Attention: Customer Care, 32963 Calle Perfecto, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675.
Are Seychelle products safe and BPA free?
All Seychelle products are BPA free; non-toxic, do not leach, and use only FDA approved #4 and #5 plastics and food grade materials.
Do Seychelle filters take out minerals?
No, our filters are designed to take out only harmful contaminants, micro-organisms and heavy metals while still leaving in the good-for-you trace minerals such as sodium, potassium, phosphorous, calcium and magnesium.
Do Seychelle filters remove Fluoride?
Yes – up to 90%.
Will the Ionic-Adsorption Micro-Filtration System wear out?
The filter will not wear out, per se. However, the maximum filtering capability gradually diminishes and when the water flow is too low, it’s time to replace the system. This is basically a function of the quality of the source water you want to filter.
Who performs the tests for the filters efficacy and for what elements specifically?
In the United States, water filtration products are tested by independent laboratories to verify the exact capabilities and performance. All Seychelle filters are extensively tested by only the highest quality US approved laboratories certified to test under the strictest EPA protocols. The gallon volume of filtration capacity is tested to NSF/ANSI Standards 42 & 53 by Broward Testing laboratories. In addition, Seychelle filters have been tested in sixteen (16) foreign countries. All five areas of contamination “A,B,C,D and R” are tested.
Is there a problem with activated carbon filters harboring or breeding bacteria or other contaminants within the filter itself?
Bacteria can grow on anything, but the key to this product concept is to periodically clean the filter. Most consumers use a Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC) filter element in a manner that the systems are either attached to the faucet or permanently installed under the sink counter. The major problem is that the water is allowed to collect after use, and this is when bacteria grows or multiplies. Bacteria will grow most effectively in a dark, moist atmosphere, especially if there is no disinfectant in the remaining water. The main reason for the bacteria build-up is that filters cannot sanitize themselves automatically.
Seychelle has not received one report of bacterial growth on one of its filters since its introduction sixteen (16) years ago.
How is the filter capacity formula determined?
Seychelle performs continuous flow tests. For chlorine removal, the testing laboratories run the filters with heavily spiked water for over 400 gallons without any break-through of residual chlorine or other surrogates used. Overall filter capacity varies by product as follows:
- Water pitchers: up to 150 gallons
- Stainless steel bottles: up to 100 gallons
- LDPE plastic bottles: up to 100 gallons
- Pumps and bags: up to 100 gallons
- Pure water straws: up to 25 gallons
Filter capacity and time to change filters
Most Seychelle filters deliver up to 100 gallons of great-tasting, clean water before they need to be changed. The time to change any filter is when the water flow becomes greatly diminished, and it is difficult to squeeze it through the filter bottle. This guarantee does not cover improper use or maintenance, or premature clogging by overly turbid water. The filters should not be used with salt water.
Are the filter systems pre-flushed?
All filter systems are pre-flushed at the factory. Please refer to product manual for information.
Does the filter ever need cleaning?
No. Do not use soap or cleaner on the filter as you may damage it and plug up the microscopic pore openings which will cause it to not work.
What is the filter life expectancy?
For most products about one year. The time to change the filter is when you are no longer satisfied with the rate of flow.
Maintenance and storage
Seychelle filters have an indefinite shelf life. Unused filters can be stored “as is” indefinitely. After use, when the filter will not be used for an extended period of time, follow these simple steps:
- Fill the bottle with chlorinated water made by mixing half tsp of chlorine with one US gallon of water. Run this through the system and then rinse and flush with filtered water.
- Allow the bottle/filter assembly to dry completely unassembled.
- Re-assemble the bottle/filter.
You may now store the product for any length of time.
- DO NOT place the bottle in the freezer. (When water freezes it expands and could damage the bottle and/or filter);
- DO NOT fill with HOT water, or anything other than WATER;
- DO NOT run the bottle through the dishwasher.
- DO NOT wash filter – flush only.
- DO NOT use with ocean salt-water.
Seychelle Advanced Water Filtration Flip Top Bottle (28 oz)
Need more info? Contact us via form below! Required fields are marked with *