This is a replacement filter for the LifeStraw Go. If you wish to purchase a LifeStraw Go, please go here.
Replacing the filter in your LifeStraw Go is quick and easy to do. Simply…
- Unscrew the top cap from the bottle
- Gently remove the filter
- Discard the used one
- Insert the new filter into the top cap
- Screw the top cap back into the bottle
Does the LifeStraw Go Filter work with salt water or remove chemicals or viruses?
The LifeStraw Go Filter is designed for the backcountry and will filter out 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites. Chemicals, salt water and viruses will not be removed. If you were looking for a high capacity filter to remove viruses, the LifeStraw Family 1.0 and the LifeStraw Community will remove 99.999% of viruses.
Can I drink pool water with LifeStraw products?
Pool water contains chlorine and other chemicals. LifeStraw products can only filter out bacteria and parasites, not chemicals.
How do you know when your LifeStraw has reached capacity?
When your LifeStraw has reached capacity, it will no longer be able to draw water through the filter. To extend the life of your LifeStraw, please follow the instructions on the manual to properly back flush the unit.
What is the shelf life of LifeStraw products?
LifeStraw products use mechanical filters to remove contaminants from the water source. No chemicals or moving parts are involved within the filtering process, meaning nothing will expire. If stored in room temperature, the LifeStraw will last indefinitely until it reaches capacity…even after use!
Features & Benefits
- Award-winning technology makes microbiologically contaminated water safe to drink
- Filters up to 1000 litres of water down to 0.2 microns
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (> LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Removes Microplastics
- Zero aftertaste as it contains no chemicals or iodine