The holy Grayl for travel, outdoor adventure, EMERGENCIES
One press purification and filtration. Whether you’re filling up at a sketchy hotel sink in Peru, on a gnarly trail needing to drink from a dirty stream, or at home preparing a disaster kit – the UltralPress has you covered!
Fast & easy. takes only 15 seconds.
It’s a joy to use and may very well be the only water bottle that anyone, anywhere, will ever need. Remarkably, the UltraPress does NOT require batteries, UV bulbs, chemicals, pumping, sucking, squeezing or prolonged waiting.
Grayl Purifier Features
- Compact and ridiculously easy-to-use, the UltraPress fits into any pack pocket (or cup holder), requires zero setup, and makes clean purified drinking water in 10 seconds (3L/min).
- Award winning OnePress™ global protectionis effective on all 7 continents and empowers adventurers and travelers to drink from the world’s sketchiest water sources.
- Removes all waterborne pathogens including virus (e.g. Rotavirus, SARS, Hepatitis A, Norovirus), bacteria (e.g. E.coli, Cholera, Salmonella, Dysentery) and Protozoa (e.g. Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Amoebae).
- Ultra-powdered activated carbon filters particulates (sediment, microplastics) and and adsorbs many chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, VOCs, flavors and odors.
- Replaceable purifier cartridge rated for 300 cycles (40 gal. / 150L).
- RiverFlow™ spout delivers a fast flow of clean drinking water for chugging, filling hydration reservoirs and other bottles.
- FlipCarry™ handle rotates 90° for effortless separation (Inner Press from Outer ReFill) and easy carrying; provides a large pressing surface when flat.
- Multi-functional SimpleVent™ drink cap vents air (by twisting cap ½ turn) during purificationand filtration; protects spout from cross-contamination.
- SoftPress™ ergonomic comfort pad (on drink cap) provides for non-slip, anti-fatigued pressing.
- TPE TopoGrip™ placed on all heavy use surfaces for tactile, non-slip performance and durability.
How does it work?
The UltraPress Purifier uses electroadsorption, ultra-powdered activated carbon, and silver treated zeolites. Unlike standard mechanical filtration, the UltraPress Purifier Bottle is powered by a patented electroadsorptive media capable of removing submicron pathogens and inorganic contaminants. With [ONE PRESS], electroadhesion and ion exchange create a powerful submicron trap for pathogens (viruses, bacteria and protozoan cysts). Additionally, the purifier media contains many embedded layers of ultra-powdered activated carbon which create a large surface area for removing toxins like chemicals and heavy metals. Silver treated zeolites, a natural antimicrobial, inhibit growth and keeps the purifier fresh between uses.
Simply separate the outer and inner chambers, fill the outer chamber with questionable water, and then push the inner chamber back into place. The dirty water is filtered as it flows into the inner chamber!
How do I know when to change my filter?
The filter collects debris from water that passes through it. When there are too many of these particulates in the filter, it will become more difficult to force water through. When it takes about 25 seconds to filter the full bottle, it’s time to change your filter – or 3 years after first use if that’s sooner.
- Effective against:
- viruses: 99.9%
- bacteria: 99.9%
- protozoan cysts: 99.9%
- particulates: Yes
- many chemicals: Yes
- many heavy metals: Yes
- Improves water flavor, odor & clarity
- Liquid capacity: 16.9 oz (500 ml)
- Weight: 12.5 oz (354 g)
- Size: 9.75″ (24.7 cm) H x 2.8″ (6.8 cm) W
- Materials: Polypropylene #5, food-grade silicone, ABS food-grade plastic
- Press time: 15 seconds per 16 oz (473 ml)
- Fast flow rate: 2 liters/minute
- Lifespan of replaceable purifier cartridge: Replaceable purifier cartridge lasts 300 uses (40 gal / 150 L)
- Shelf life: Stored under proper conditions, an unopened Purifier Cartridge has a shelf life of 10 years. After a cartridge has been used, it lasts at least three additional years.
- Tested according to NSF/ANSI standards: 42 53
- Warranty: 10 years covering workmanship and materials
- Replacement Purifier Cartridge available here.