The Yeti 3000x is an incredible power solution and a great alternative to traditional gas-powered generators. When the pump runs dry the sun will still be shining which is why we recommend this solar product for emergency preparedness over its fossil fuel ancestors.
Select Yetis are now equipped with Wifi connectivity so you can monitor your unit and control it remotely via a convenient mobile app. You can turn ports on and off, check battery levels, and even updated your Yeti’s firmware – all from your phone. The Goal Zero Yeti App is available through the Apple App and Google Play stores.
At the push of a button, the Yeti 3000x provides 1500W of continuous power and a 3000W surge for running high-power devices. Power power tools, medical devices, and home appliances with confidence! Once you’ve burned through all that electricity the units pre-installed MPPT (maximum power point tracker) will ensure you recharge in record time, up to 40% faster than comparable units.
The unit is on the heavier side (around 70 lbs) so it comes complete with wheels and a telescoping handle to make it easy to move around your home or to take with you on adventures. Both accessories are easily removed when needed.
Only quality lithium cells are used to manufacture Yeti Lithium generators because they are known for stability. The battery is monitored by a state-of-the-art management system that prevents over-charge, over-current, and short-circuiting. A water-tight enclosure seals the battery from the elements and allows for a user-replaceable system.*
*Please note that this does not make the unit waterproof – it only protects the battery component.
Two Ways to Charge
Solar: Connect your Yeti with up to 12 (thats right, 12!) Boulder 100 Solar panels to harness the power of the sun. Six Boulder 100 panels running at 100% capacity is the units maximum input capacity, but on a cloudy day twelve panels might be just the ticket!
- Standard Input Max (6x Boulder 100 Solar Panels at 100%): 9 hours
- Combined Input Max (7x Boulders using the built in MPPT): 6 hours
- Wall Charging (2x 5A): 25 Hours
- 1x Boulder 100: 35-70 Hours
- 2x Boulder 100: 18-36 Hours
AC Outlet: Plug your Yeti 3000x into the wall to recharge between adventures (or emergencies). Fully charging the unit using the included two charging cables takes about 25 hours.
12V?: NO! Sorry to yell, but we really want to drive the point home on this one. Do not try to charge your Lithium Yetis through a 12V connection without a Goal Zero specialty charging cable. At best the unit is damaged and at worst your car is. Either way the warranty is voided. Best not to go there.
What Can the Yeti 3000x Lithium Power?
More to the point, what can’t it power?
Smart Phone (12 Wh): 253
Tablet (30 Wh): 101
Laptop (50 Wh): 61
POV Camera (5 Wh): 607
DSLR Camera (18 Wh): 169
Head Lamp (5 Wh): 607
Hours of Runtime
Light-a-Life 350 (4.5 Wh): 674
Light Bulb (11 Wh): 276
CPAP (65 Wh): 47
TV (42″ LED) (100 Wh): 31
Pellet Grill (60 Wh): 51
Microwave (1000 Wh): 3
Portable Fridge (25 Wh): 122
Mini Fridge (35 Wh): 87
Full-Size Refrigerator (55 Wh): 55
Circular Saw (13 Amp) (1500 Wh): 2
- Weight (Yeti & MPPT charger): 68.6 lbs (31.1 kg)
- Weight (cart only): 8.9 lbs (4 kg)
- Dimensions (Yeti only): 10.1 x 15.3 x 13.1 in (25.7 x 38.9 x 33.3 cm)
- Operating usage temp. 32-104 F (0-40 C)
- Warranty 12 months
- USB-A port (output): 5V, up to 2.4A (12W max), regulated
- USB-C port (output): 5 – 12V, up to 3.0A (18W max), regulated
- USB-C PD port (input / output): 5 – 20V, up to 3.0A (60W max), regulated
- 6mm port (output, 6mm): 12V, up to 10A (120W max), regulated
- 12V car port (output): 12V, up to 13A (160W max), regulated
- 12V High Power Port (output): 12V, up to 30A (360W max), regulated (front face/under lid)
- 120V AC Inverter: 120VAC 60Hz, 16.5A (2000W, 3500W surge) (output, pure sine wave)
- Charging port (input, 8mm): 14-50V, up to 10A (150W max) (front face/under lid)
- High Power charging port (input): 14-50V, up to 50A (600W max)
- Expansion Module port Covered port under the lid. To be used with Goal Zero expansion modules only.
- Cell chemistry: Li-ion NMC
- Pack capacity: 3032Wh (10.8V, 280.8Ah)
- Single Cell Equivalent Capacity: 842.4Ah @ 3.6V
- Pack Lithium Content: 253g
- Lifecycles: 500 Cycles to 80% capacity (Discharge rate: 1C, Full charge/discharge, Temp: 25C)
- Shelf-life: Charge every 3-6 months
- Management system: MPPT charge controller