Emergency Preparedness Week
Emergency Preparedness Week for 2022 is coming up! From May 1–7, we’ll be sharing extra content to help everyone get disaster-ready.
Follow us to stay up to date!
Products we recommend for business
What is EP Week?
From the Government of Canada website:
“Emergency Preparedness Week (EP Week) is a national event supported by Public Safety Canada, working closely with provincial and territorial emergency management organizations, Indigenous organizations, non-governmental organizations, and private sector who support activities at the local level. An annual event for over 25 years, it traditionally takes place during the first full week of May.”
Ways to participate in EP Week
- Review your organization’s emergency plan. Make sure all employees are up to speed on the procedures they should follow.
- Check on your emergency supplies. Does anything need replacing? Are consumables going to expire soon? Do you need more supplies to accommodate organizational growth?
- Encourage your employees to review their own emergency supplies at home.
- Show your employees you value them by running a giveaway of emergency preparedness products—and make sure to order the prizes in advance!
- Post on social media using the hashtag #EPWeek and encourage your followers to check their own emergency preparedness supplies.